Saturday, July 30, 2011

Amanda Hocking and St.Martin's Press

Last week I read an article that mentioned author Amanda Hocking - I'll admit, I'd never heard of her. But after reading about her and how she was self-publishing on Amazon.com through the Kindle store with great success, it inspired me to try this myself.

Now, after going to Amanda's blog http://amandahocking.blogspot.com/ and reading about her decision to sell the rights to some her books to St. Martin's Press, I have to say I really think she missed a huge opportunity to do something unique and historic. I think based on her sells, her fan base, and the attention she has been (and would be) receiving, Amanda could have become a top tier author without ever having had the backing of a huge publisher.

That could have changed publishing forever. I still think it will happen, probably sooner than later. There's so many opportunities out there right now to get one's self in the media eye and someone will break through and lead the way for others to follow. I know I'm going to try, and if I'm trying there's got to be others with more talent and more tenacity than me who will get there if I don't.

Best wishes Amanda! You deserve the attention and I hope the experience is a positive one for you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home